Bleach does the same thing, so shampooing every day just layers damage. Wash your hair every three to four days, especially in the first few weeks.
How many times a week should I wash my bleached hair?
You’re shampooing every day.
Shampoos remove natural oils and strip hair of its pigment, so it’s a simple fact that the more often you wash your blonde hair, the quicker it will fade. Limit your cleansing to just two or three times a week, and refresh in between washes with dry shampoo.
Can I wash my hair everyday if its bleached?
Don’t wash your hair every day
Over-washing is seriously damaging for your hair, especially when it’s bleached. When you wash your hair every day it strips out the natural oils and proteins that you need to keep your hair and scalp healthy, so that combined with bleach can lead to dry, unhappy hair.
Why is my bleached hair so dry?
Bleach is used to remove your natural hair color from each strand. To do this, it makes your hair swell, allowing the bleach to reach the inner part of the strand. Here, it dissolves the melanin that gives your hair pigment. This process can leave hair dry, porous, brittle, and fragile.
How do I rehydrate my hair after bleaching it?
How to Rehydrate Your Hair After Bleaching
- Wash your hair less often. …
- Condition more. …
- Use a hair mask. …
- Dry your hair gently after washing. …
- Keep brassiness at bay. …
- Add a hair oil into the mix. …
- Skip the heat styling. …
- See your stylist for a hair gloss treatment.
How do you shower with bleached hair?
Pat wet hair with a microfiber towel after showering to prevent breakage. A microfiber towel helps prevent further breakage and damage to your already-sensitive bleached hair. After you shower, gently squeeze and pat your hair with the towel to absorb excess water.
Does dying bleached hair make it healthier?
I know, it sounds crazy that dyeing your hair could actually make it healthier, but it’s true. If you’ve been lightening your hair for years with highlights or single process, going darker will give the appearance of softer, shinier, healthier hair.
How long will bleached hair last?
A- Bleaching lasts 6 months.
How do I make my bleached hair soft and silky?
Keep reading for the 12 best ways on how to make bleached hair soft and silky.
- Use a deep conditioner once per week. …
- Use anti-frizz serum or cream before blow-drying. …
- Use the proper styling tools when drying and styling your hair. …
- Use a heat protectant every time you style your hair. …
- Keep bleached hair away from water.
Should I put coconut oil on my bleached hair?
Yes, coconut oil is good for bleached and blonde hair. … You can use coconut oil for damaged and bleached hair once every week to help reconstruct your hair strands and regain their luster. How do I rehydrate my hair after bleaching it? Massage bleached hair with coconut oil to repair the damage and keep it hydrated.
Is conditioner good for bleached hair?
Shampoo and conditioner sets are common to buy in tandem, but for bleached hair the conditioner matters most. Ideally, it’s super moisturizing to help heal the damaged hair and also contains some toning ingredients to help avoid brassiness.
What can you not do with bleached hair?
Here are some hair bleach don’ts you should know:
- DON’T use hot styling tools for 3 weeks. …
- DON’T skip conditioners and oils. …
- DON’T use harsh products on your hair. …
- DON’T forget to get professional repair treatments.
Can I use purple shampoo right after bleaching?
After bleaching your hair, you must wash the bleach out. So go ahead and use the purple shampoo. The purple shampoo acts a bit the way a toner would. It will help counteract yellow tones in your hair from bleaching.
How do you keep bleached hair healthy?
How to Keep Bleached Hair Healthy: Complete Guide
- Avoid Washing Your Hair Frequently.
- Use a Deep Conditioning Treatment.
- Avoid Heat Styling Appliances.
- Regular Use of Hair Mask.
- Tone Up Your Hair.
- Avoid Bleaching the Dead Ends.
- Lower the Water Temperature.
- Get a Haircut Frequently.