Keep Them Hydrated. Allure suggests rubbing a drop of baby oil over the lashes with your fingers to keep them from getting too stiff. Just make sure not to drench your lashes in them, since the oil will make the adhesive wear off.
What moisturizer can I use with eyelash extensions?
Moisturizer: If you want perfect glowing skin to match with those perfect long lashes, moisturizer is a necessity!
- Dermalogica- Skin Smoothing Cream ($43)
- Sorella Apothecary- Main Squeeze Hydrating Serum ($70)
- Neutrogena- Hydro Boost Water Gel ($17)
- Olay- Olay Age Defying ADVANCED Gel Cream ($7)
Can I put Vaseline on my eyelash extensions?
Using Vaseline, baby oil or coconut oil might create slip between the adhesive and your lash, but it could also lead to infections and damage to the natural lash. ‘
What can I put on my eyelash extensions?
We recommend using one of our oil-free, lash extension-safe lash foaming cleansers and makeup removers, which are the best way to keep your lashes clean and secure. Purchase a cleanser at one of our salons and choose from either our Special Makeup Remover or our Eye Makeup Remover Gel.
Can I put coconut oil on my eyelash extensions?
4. Coconut Oil. Like olive oil, coconut oil is also a natural product you can use for the removal of eyelash extensions. The process is easy and involves holding a coconut oil soaked cotton pad on the eyelash glue for 3 minutes while keeping the eyes closed.
How do you keep your eyelids moisturized with eyelash extensions?
You MUST use oil-free serums (hyaluronic acid is ideal) and moisturizers on your skin after you cleanse it. Your eyelids are NO DIFFERENT!! They need moisture too! Just as you condition after you shampoo your hair, you moisturize after you wash your skin.
Why are my eyelids dry after lash extensions?
Lastly, extensions can cause inflammation of the eyelids and ocular surface. Longer lashes have a fan effect which increases the amount of air flow to the ocular surface with every blink. This causes your eyes to dry out faster, leading to irritation and possible damage to the ocular surface.
How do you take care of eyelashes after extensions?
What does eyelash extension aftercare involve?
- Don’t get them wet for 48 hours after application. For the first 48 hours after application, avoid taking a shower, washing your eyes, or getting your eyelash extensions wet. …
- After that, wash them regularly. …
- Brush them, too. …
- Use caution with products. …
- Be careful with makeup.
Does baby oil help remove eyelash extensions?
Using a DIY method is something that lash extension expert and technician Camilla Kirk-Reynolds of Camilla Lashes advises against, though: “Coconut and baby oil are not designed to remove your lash extensions and in fact could do more damage than good.