The end of the year is quickly approaching. In fact, it was this week last year that I posted about starting this challenge. My final results will come out later this month. For now, check out how I did last month. I didn’t use a protective style in November so I stuck to the Ninja Growth routine.
Ninja Growth Routine
This routine is for people with a seasoned hair routine and would like to bump the care routine up and start experiencing serious growth.
What results should you see?
Well moisturized hair
Less incidences of shedding and breakage
Evidence of hair growth
Massage Castor Oil on hairline, nape and damaged areas for 2 minutes
Partial Success. I usually massaged JBCO on my hairline 2 – 3 times a week. I find that using too much castor oil makes my skin a bit greasy. However, I started using the massaging brush this month so it was really easy to massage for 2 minutes.
TWO – THREE TIMES A WEEK
- Apply Coconut Oil to your hair and scalp and massage for 2 minutes:
- Lightly add moisture to hair with preferred moisturizer & Seal with Shea Butter or Coconut Oil:
Partial Success. I use JBCO mixed with (not coconut oil) to massage my scalp but I do it about 3 times a week. I was more successful with moisturizing. I moisturize my hair 3 times a week and seal with my coconut/hemp seed/olive oil mix.
- Hot Oil Treatment with Coconut Oil, Massage oil for 2 minutes. Bag for 20 minutes
- Shampoo and Deep Condition
- While damp, spray Leave-In Conditioner and add Shea Butter or Coconut Oil to ends
- Air Dry or use dryer on cool air
- Moisturize and Seal Routine when 80% dry. Use Shea Butter or Coconut oil as sealant. Concentrate sealant on your ends
- Massage Castor Oil on entire scalp using Aphro Comb
Partial Success. I normally do most of this on wash days. I just don’t massage my scalp with oil at the end. I usually do that as part of my pre-poo.
Light Protein Treatment
Success. I use light protein treatment every month. I had to stop using heavy protein treatments because of my setback.[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”5″ gal_title=”Phro Challenge November”]
I was pretty successful this month. I made a better effort to air dry after washing my hair. It doesn’t get as smooth but it should help with its health. Later this month, I will do a comparison from the start of the challenge to date. I think my hair has grown but not as much as I would have liked. My setback a few months ago didn’t help matters. I plan to flat iron and trim my hair this week. So, we’ll see how it goes.
If you are interested in this challenge, you can keep up with everyone’s progress with the #GrowthChallenge2015 hashtag on Instagram.