What’s good, everyone? Have you noticed my new blog design? My site was down for
almost a week a few days because I was working on it then I had network issues, etc. Thankfully, things are pretty much back to normal.
I did my relaxer almost 2 weeks ago. It went a bit faster this time but I broke it up over 2 days. I used a new relaxer (Dark and Lovely Moisture Plus Relaxer) this time because I’m testing it for a review. Here’s what happened:
- Parted my hair into 4 sections and combed with a wide-tooth comb.
- Applied Roux Porosity Control Conditioner to previously relaxed hair and covered all of my hair with olive oil (including new growth). Then for a bit more protection, I applied Dark and Lovely Oil Moisturizer to my previously relaxed hair.
- Starting at the nape, parted hair in ~1 inch sections and applied vaseline to scalp. Twisted the ends to keep the hair separated.
- I use the half-and-half method for my retouches. Placed roller clips along the ear-to-ear part to hold plastic cap securely. Secured the front half with clip and covered it with 2 plastic caps over it to keep it dry.
- Mixed relaxer creme and activator for a few minutes until it had a uniform consistency. After doing a strand test, I added 3 spoons of olive oil to slow the action of the relaxer.
- Application and smoothing time was 16 minutes for each side.
- Rinsed out the relaxer and did mid-relaxer protein step with Aphogee Keratin Reconstructor for 2 min. Rinsed and neutralized with the shampoo from relaxer kit and ORS Neutralizing shampoo. I kept on for 3 minutes each time and did it 4x. Did an ACV rinse to further lower pH
- Applied conditioning balm for 5 minutes and rinsed. Deep conditioned with Hairveda Sitrinillah using heat for 30 min.
- Rinsed out thoroughly, t-shirt dry for 15 minutes. Applied leave-ins (Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer, Infusium 23, and OGX Coconut Milk Anti-breakage serum)
- Roller set hair and left overnight. The next morning, I sat under my hooded dryer for about an hour to make sure it was dry.
- Combed out the curls and flat ironed at ~375°F (~191°C) with 2 passes. I used the comb-chase method for the second pass.
I used this opportunity for a length check. Drumroll, please. I think I’m at arm-pit length. *Yay* 😎 I’m quite excited that I’m retaining length. I still need to my trim/dusting but it seems things are going well with my regimen. 🙂 My hair felt pretty straight after the relaxer but I tend to always feel like that after I relax my hair.