What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award has been passed on through the blogging community for many years. “Liebster” is a German word that can mean kindest, dearest, or beloved. The Liebster Award is a blog award nomination presented to novice bloggers in an effort to spread blog love and increase blog exposure.
Here are the rules:
- Tag the person’s blog who nominated you in your post.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with no more than 500 followers
- Ask 11 questions to your nominees.
- Let your nominees know they have been chosen.
- Post your answers to the questions you answered
- Don’t forget to comment on this post with your link so I can see how you answered the questions
1. Who/what inspired you to start blogging? I started blogging because I wanted to share my experiences with my hair. I think my friends got tired of me talking all about my hair journey, so my blog became an outlet.
2. What has blogging help you to achieve? I get to “meet” other hair enthusiasts in Nigeria and throughout the world.
3. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 5 things would you want with you? A tent, someone else to talk to, books to read, music, a knife
4. If given the opportunity, which country would you like to live and work in for a year? Japan
5. What is the one thing you love most about your home country? This question gave me a pause because Nigeria (especially Lagos) can tire someone some days. I love how industrious Nigerians are. We are always ready to hustle.
6. If you had $50,000 to give to charity, which charity would you donate to and why? I think it would go to improving science education for young people. That would include encouraging students to have an interest in science, innovation, technology, etc. and making technology accessible to students.
7. Can you tell us 3 random facts about you? (1) I’m almost 6 feet tall. (2) I really don’t like wearing make-up but I am awed by some make-up artists that can transform someone’s look. (3) I really really like eating akara.
8. If you were on an episode of Come Dine with Me, which celebrities, alive or deceased, would you want to compete with? Malcolm X, Benjamin Franklin, Marie Curie.
9. Book version or movie version? BOOKS, all day every day. Movies can never really capture everything a book does.
10. What do you love most about what you do (work or school)? I teach for a living and the thing I love the most is when one of my students really understands the material; that it clicks for him or her. It’s almost magical seeing that understanding unfold.
11. What do you hope to accomplish in the next 5 years? I hope to further impact the lives of young people by encouraging them to take an interest in their education.
Yvette, these your difficult exam questions. 🙂 I nominate any blogger that reads this post and you can use the same questions.