What’s good, everyone? So . . . there was no wash day post last week. I am reviewing some products and I wanted to save my comments for when I actually finish the review.
My plans for this wash day were to start with a clean slate and add moisture to my strands. Warning: I don’t have any pictures of this wash day since I did everything very late. I think I may change my wash day to different day in order to avoid staying up too late. Here’s how it went. . .
(1) Scalp massage with neem oil + lavender JBCO + tea tree + eucalyptus + peppermint essential oils. Pre-poo with the rest of my man shanu (ghee) and coconut oil. Covered my hair with a plastic cap and used heat for 30 minutes.
(2) Washed twice with ORS Neutralizing Shampoo and once with Creme of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo.
(3) Tea rinse with green and black tea. Left it on for about 5 minutes while it stopped dripping. Then, I applied Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle conditioner over it and rinsed. Towel dried for about 5 minutes.
(4) Applied Aphogee 2 minute Keratin Reconstructor on my ends, hairline, and nape for protein layering. I haven’t done this in a while. Deep condition with ORS Replenishing Conditioner + Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment + olive oil + castor oil. My plan was to use ORS only but I ran out. 🙁 Covered with a plastic cap and used heat for an hour.
(5) Rinsed and detangled under the shower with warm water. I used cold water for the final rinse. T-shirt dry for about 20 minutes.
(6) Sectioned into 4 and applied leave-ins (Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Infusium 23, Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer) and combed through. Then, applied OGX Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum to each section.
(7) Roller set and sat under the dryer for an hour. Kept the rollers in overnight. The next morning, I took down the rollers and tried to flat iron the roots. I kept the iron at 325°F (~163°C). I wasn’t too patient and I was tired so I didn’t do the best job. My roots pretty much reverted by the end of the day.
My wash day was pretty normal, just ended very late. Right now, I’m 13 weeks post and I plan to relax my hair in the next 2 weeks. My new growth feels quite thick and full so I’m looking forward to seeing if I retained some length. *fingers crossed*
How was your wash day?