What’s good, everyone? I know that I said I would come back with my wash day experience posts and I didn’t write one last week. I don’t want to be a “promise and fail” blogger so here’s my wash day post. Last week, I did a protein treatment and dusted my ends. My new growth is still growing. 🙂 I may relax my hair within the next 2 weeks if I’m not too busy.
This week, I wanted to do a silk wrap to help stretch my new growth a bit. It was the end of the month and I need to do my March check-in for Phro Group’s Growth Challenge 2015. Here’s how it went . . .
(1) Scalp massage with a mixture of neem oil, tea tree + eucalyptus + peppermint essential oils, and lavender JBCO. I oiled my hair with coconut, hemp, and olive oils. Covered with a plastic cap and used my heating cap for 30 minutes. I may have put too much peppermint in the scalp mix because my scalp was quite stimulated. It felt nice.
(2) Rinsed pre-poo with warm water and shampooed twice with Creme of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo. In hindsight, I was a bit worried because I didn’t really detangle before I washed my hair. Thankfully, my hair didn’t tangle. 🙂
(3) Tea rinse with green and black tea. Left on for about 5 minutes while it stopped dripping. Then, I applied Aussie Moist over it. Applying instant conditioner seems to help smooth my hair after the tea rinse.
(4) Rinsed and towel dried for about 10 minutes. Deep condition with Hairveda Sitrinillah for 45 minutes with my heating cap. tea rinse with green and black tea
(5) Rinsed and detangled with warm water. Towel dried for 5 minutes. Applied Clairol Jazzing (clear rinse) and wrapped my hair with cling film. Used my heating cap for 30 minutes.
(6) Rinsed and detangled again with warm water and used cool water for the last rinse. Then, t-shirt dried for 20 minutes.
(7) Sectioned into 4 and applied leave-ins (Giovanni Direct Leave-in + Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer + Infusium 23). Infusium 23 has silicones (amodimethicone) which help with heat protection and smoothing hair.
(8) Roller set. If my ends dried out, I sprayed them with water. Then, I allowed it to air dry overnight. The next morning I sat under the dryer for ~20 minutes to make sure my hair was completely dry
(9) Applied my oil mix (hemp seed + coconut) and wrapped my hair. Covered it with cling film and sat under my hooded dryer for 10 minutes. Then, I combed out the wrap.
My hair feels like it grew a bit. 🙂 I may even reach APL by my next relaxer. It definitely feels longer in the shower. This is the best shape my hair has been in for a while. My ends are doing well and my hair isn’t breaking so much. I think my regimen is working out.
How was your wash day?