What’s good, everyone? When I saw KLP’s email about the Wash Day Experience turning one last week, I knew I had to do a wash day post. The main reason I haven’t done one in a while is that I do the same thing every week. It started to feel very repetitive. 🙁
Lately, I primarily air dry my hair since it saves time and requires less heat. I also comb my hair less since I don’t roller set and I try to detangle in the shower. I think my hair is doing pretty well. Right now, I’m between 8 and 9 weeks post relaxer and my new growth is showing her face. There’s still about 7 weeks left in the stretch. I hope I can make it . . .
Here’s what happened this week:
(1) Sectioned hair into 4 and finger detangled. Pre-poo with JessiCurl Stimulating Scalp Massage oil and coconut oil for 30 minutes without heat. I got the JessiCurl oil sample from NITC10. Unfortunately, it was a little too stimulating and it made my scalp itch. 🙁
(2) Still in sections, I shampooed with ORS Neutralizing Shampoo and Shea Moisture (1x each). My hair had too much product build up this week. Recently, I started using the Shea Moisture Transitioning Milk as my moisturizer. Products with a lot of shea butter tend to build up on my hair. I am going to switch to HairVeda Red Tea Satin Moisturizer. I just finished my sample and it moisturizes my hair so well. 🙂
(3) Rinse with coffee, green tea, black tea, and hibiscus powered that was steeped all day. I kept this on under a plastic cap for about minutes and rinsed to get any excess hibiscus powder.
(4) Deep conditioned with Crème of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment + JBCO + olive oil with heat for 30 minutes. I added too much JBCO and the odor lingered a bit.
(5) Rinsed with cool water and detangled under the shower stream. This method seems to be working for me since I lose FAR less hair these days. After my hair was detangled, I did an ACV rinse (to try to get rid of the JBCO odor).
(6) Towel dried for 15 minutes. Then, applied my leave-ins (Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Infusium 23, and Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer) and sealed with my coconut and hemp seed oil mix.
(7) I used a satin scarf to tie down my edges and allowed my hair to air dry.
My hair is just okay. There was a section that was really tangled in the back. I still need to strategize how to prevent tangles. I think I may try air drying in sections
How do you air dry your hair?