Long time no post. 🙁 Sad Times. Hope all is well on your end.
I’m back with a brief update on my progress with the #GrowthChallenge2015. For more details on the challenge, check it out here. Right now, I’m on the Ninja Growth Routine. If I put I have a long-term protective style, I will switch to the Rested Routine.
What results should you see?
Well moisturized hair
Less incidences of shedding and breakage
Evidence of hair growth
I have to admit that I haven’t kept up with everything that this program entails. However, I’ve done most of it.
Massage Castor Oil on hairline, nape and damaged areas for 2 minutes: FAILED. I usually massaged JBCO on my hairline 2 – 3 times a week.
TWO – THREE TIMES A WEEK
- Apply Coconut Oil to your hair and scalp and massage for 2 minutes: PARTIAL SUCCESS. I use JBCO (not coconut oil) to massage my scalp
- Lightly add moisture to hair with preferred moisturizer & Seal with Shea Butter or Coconut Oil: SUCCESS. I moisturize my hair 3 – 4 times a week and I seal with my coconut/hemp seed oil mix.
- Hot Oil Treatment with Coconut Oil, Massage oil for 2 minutes. Bag for 20 minutes
- Shampoo and Deep Condition
- While damp, spray Leave-In Conditioner and add Shea Butter or Coconut Oil to ends
- Air Dry or use dryer on cool air
- Moisturize and Seal Routine when 80% dry. Use Shea Butter or Coconut oil as sealant. Concentrate sealant on your ends
- Massage Castor Oil on entire scalp using Aphro Comb
SUCCESS. This is what I normally do for my wash days.
For the most part, I think I did alright. Going forward, I will be more conscious of my castor oil massages. Here’s how my hair looks this week. This was after a hard protein treatment, roller set, and silk/saran wrap.