(1) Since I wore my wig for about 3 weeks, most of my hair was still in braids. I took down each braid and sprayed the hair lightly with water. Then, I coated each section with Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Leave-in and detangled. I lost quite a bit of hair but I expected it since I had my hair braided for about 3 weeks.
(2) Still in sections, I washed twice with Organic Root Salon Neutralizing shampoo.
(3) Applied step 1 of the Aphogee 2-step protein treatment to each section. Gently twisted each section (to keep it separated) and sat under dryer on medium heat. My hair dried in about 20 minutes.
(4) Rinsed with warm water. Dried with a t-shirt for a few minutes. Applied Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer (step 2) and kept it on for 5 minutes. I like using the balancing moisturizer before using my moisturizing deep conditioner. I find that it returns my hair to “normal” after the hard treatment. It helps restore pH and moisture after the treatment.
(5) Rinsed with warm water and dried with a t-shirt for about 5 minutes. Deep conditioned with Hairveda Sitrinillah, using my hooded dryer medium heat for 45 minutes.
(6) Rinse out deep conditioner with cool water and dried with a t-shirt for about 20 minutes. Applied leave-ins (Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Infusium 23) and allowed to dry a bit. Then, sealed with Shea Moisture Reconstructive Finishing Elixir
(7) I roller set the front section and put the rest in braids. I detangled each section before braiding. Once the front was dried, I flat ironed the roots.
- Happy Endings | The Micro Trimming Method for Thick Full Ends
- Micro Trimming Part II – Keys to making the process successful
How was your wash day?