(1) Scalp massage with neem oil + castor oil+ peppermint, eucalyptus, and tea tree essential oils. My scalp felt very stimulated because I think I put a bit more peppermint than usual. The neem oil scent was also minimized. 🙂
(2) Separated my hair into 7 sections and applied coconut and hemp seed oils to each section. Covered with a plastic cap and sat under dryer on high heat for 20 minutes.
(3) Rinsed out the oils with warm water. Then,I shampooed twice with diluted Crème of Nature Argan oil shampoo
(4) Tea rinse with hibiscus powder + green and black tea, which was to steeped for several hours. There was some residue from the powder left on my hair so I rinsed it out before towel drying.
(5) Applied Profectiv Mega Growth Deep Conditioner to my ends, edges and nape. Deep conditioned with Crème of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment + 2 spoons each of olive and castor oils that I applied all over my hair. Covered with a plastic cap and sat under my dryer for 45 minutes. Then, I got hungry so I made rice and stew with chicken. Nom nom nom. I kept the DC on for a about 2 more hours after leaving the dryer.
(6) Rinsed with cool water and towel dried for about 10 minutes. Applied leave-ins (Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Infusium 23) and detangled. I used Mane n’ tail for the very difficult tangles. Sealed each section with hemp seed + coconut oil.
(7) I twisted each section and allowed it to partly dry. For my leave-out, I used 2 small rollers to set it. I braided each twisted section and left it to dry overnight. My hair was dry by morning and it felt so soft.
How do you manage your leave-out?
To read more healthy hair wash day posts, check out The Wash Day Experience.