This wash day is almost identical to last week’s but there are some products making their debut. I got some peppermint oil at NITC 9 over the weekend so I really looking forward to trying it. There are a TON of great benefits of peppermint oil. The main reason I got it is that it stimulates the scalp which can promote hair growth. I also have Hairveda Sitrinillah. I used it for my co-wash and it turned out nicely. How did it work for my wash day? Here’s what happened . . .
(1) Scalp massage with a mixture of neem oil, Lavender JBCO, tea tree, peppermint, and eucalyptus essential oils.
(2) Sectioned into four and coated hair with a mix of coconut and hemp seed oils. Detangled each section with a wide-tooth comb.
(3) Applied Organics by Africa’s Best Cholesterol and Tea-Tree Oil Conditioner, Vatika Naturals Hot Oil Treatment conditioner, olive oil, and glycerine to each section. Covered with a plastic cap and a towel. Left on for 45 minutes.
(4) Rinsed out pre-poo. Washed twice with diluted Crème of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo mixed with peppermint and eucalyptus oils. I wanted to mimic the “tingle” of Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle conditioner.
(5) Tea rinse with hibiscus powder, green tea, and black tea that was steeped all day. Rinsed with cool water and dried with a t-shirt for about 10 minutes.
(6) Applied Apogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor to my edges, nape, and ends. Covered all my hair with Hairveda Sitrinillah conditioner. Wrapped with plastic cap and sat under the hooded dryer for 45 minutes on medium heat.
(7) Rinsed out deep conditioner with cool water and followed up with an ACV rinse.
(8) T-shirt dried for 10 minutes and applied leave-ins: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Infusium 23. Detangled with 2 combs and sealed with a mix of coconut and hemp seed oils. My hair wasn’t as soft as the first time I used Sitrinillah but it still felt moisturized. My ends felt a bit dry though. It could be due to the reconstructor.
(9) Roller set and left to dry overnight. It wasn’t completely dry by morning so I sat under the dryer for 30 minutes on medium heat.
My hair felt pretty good after the roller set. I was a bit disappointed that my hair wasn’t as soft with the Sitrinillah this time. I will keep trying it to see how my hair continues to react to it. I really want to try another type of roller. I did a test with some perm rods that I have. The curls are quite curly. Maybe I will try it next week . . .
I’m 12 weeks post and my new growth is here to play. 🙂 I plan to continue this stretch until January. That will put me at around 4 months. This stretch it going pretty well and I’m pretty surprised because I haven’t done a long-term protective style. I usually can’t cope for this long.
How was your wash day?
To read more healthy hair wash day posts, check out The Wash Day Experience.