This wash day started with dry hair 🙁 and ended up okay. I made a few tweaks this week, mainly because I ran out of some products and my time was limited. Even though I was pressed for time, it still took a while because of the rollerset. Anyway, here’s how it went:
I did everything in 4 sections.
(1) For my pre-poo, I did a hot oil treatment with coconut oil, hemp oil, and olive oil. Then I wrapped my hair in cling film and kept it under heat for 30 minutes.
(2) Washed twice with Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo. I had a good shampoo 2 weeks in a row. 😀 The shampoo performed well again. I’m pretty excited about it.
(3) Tea rinse with black and green tea. Left it on my hair for about 10 minutes.
(4) Applied Profectiv MegaGrowth Anti-Breakage Strengthening Deep Conditioner to the ends of my hair, edges, and nape. Deep conditioned with a mixture of Carols Daughter 1-2-3 Transitioning Kit Restoring Anti-Breakage treatment, Keracare Humecto, Creme of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment, castor oil, and the rest of the hot oil treatment. I wrapped my hair in cling film and kept it under heat for 1 hour. There was more oil than I usually use and it turned out well. My hair was quite soft. I haven’t used heat for my deep conditioners for a while. I shouldn’t skip it again.
(5) Rinsed with cool water and dried with a t-shirt for about 10 minutes.
(6) Applied my leave-ins: Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Infusium 23, and Mane n’ Tail detangler and detangled. I lost less hair this week. Mane n’ Tail worked out really well and got rid of the tangles. 🙂
(7) Applied Shea Raw Shea Butter Reconstructive Finishing Elixir on my hair and JBCO on ends
(8) Roller set and left to air dry overnight. It wasn’t dry in the morning so I had sat under the dryer for about 1 hour.
My curls come out better with some heat. They fell by the end of the day but I didn’t put any holding product in my hair.
My under-processed sections are getting on my nerves. Each new wash day reinforces the fact that I need that I need to do my corrective relaxer soon. Ideally, I will do it over the weekend. I may switch my relaxer from ORS. Any suggestions?
How was your wash day?
To read more healthy hair wash day posts, check out The Wash Day Experience.
Don’t forget to enter the Sizzelle Giveaway!!