How are things? Things are fine on my side. It’s been about two weeks since my last wash day so it was time to I had to wash my braids this week since I’ve had them in for about two weeks. My scalp was getting itchy and I needed that to stop. I used the method I described in my braid maintenance post. Here’s what I did:
(1) Added diluted shampoo (Giovanni Golden Wheat Deep Cleanse Shampoo) to my scalp. I rubbed the diluted shampoo on my scalp only.
(2) Rinsed the shampoo out and washed again. For the final shampoo, I squeezed the suds through the braided hair.
(3) Rinsed again thoroughly and squeezed out the excess water. Applied diluted conditioner (Herbal Essences Hello Hydration) to the braided hair. I did not apply all the way down. I pinned up the hair and kept on for about 10 minutes.
(4) Rinsed the conditioner thoroughly and squeezed out the excess water. Towel dried for about 20 minutes and let the braids hang down. Water was still dripping about an hour afterwards. I kept the ends in a towel to soak the dripping water.
(5) After my hair was mostly dried, I applied JBCO to my scalp to prevent dryness. Then, I applied Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer (protein) and my braid spray (moisture) mix to the braids and sealed with my oil mix (grape seed, coconut, and olive). I applied the mix while the hair was still a bit damp. Allowed to air dry.
My hair felt soft and my scalp felt clean. I will miss these easy wash days but these braids have got to go soon. I may take them out next week. 😉
How was your wash day?