The Sizzelle Hairline Challenge is still ongoing and several people have joined. I hope they are progressing well. As a reminder, here are the details of the challenge.
- If you want to join me on this hairline challenge, leave a comment and your plan. Then, upload your starting picture with your comment. The challenge will run from 1st June to 30th August. There will be a monthly check-in where you will upload your update and routine. I will publish an update post where you can upload your pics.
- If you’re on instagram, you can put up your starting picture and tag it with #sizzellehairlinechallenge
- The person with the best improved hair line gets 3 months supply of Jamaican Black Castor Oil AND Castor Oil serum with argan oil.
Everyone who joins the challenge will receive a 5% discount coupon to shop for any oil in our store.
- You have to join the challenge before the 14th of June. After that date, no more entries will be received.
- Only open to people with a postal address in Nigeria.
I put my game plan for this challenge on an earlier post. Here’s how I progressed during the month of June:
Moisture: Moisturize and seal at least once per day and ensure that edges and nape have been properly moisturized. Deep condition at least once a week. Completed!
Reduce manipulation and tension: Use styles that reduce tension at these sensitive areas. For most of the month, I kept my hair in loose buns or tuck and roll hair styles. Towards the end of June, I got Senegalese twists. The braids did not pull at my hairline but we will see how it looks when I take them out.
Castor oil: Use Jamaican Black castor oil for scalp massages at least 4 times a week, focusing on edges and nape. I used JBCO about 3 – 4 times a week so this could be a partial success.
Relaxer: My next relaxer will be in July (~12 weeks post) or August (~16 weeks post). I may not even relax my edges this time since they were relaxed the last time. No relaxer this month.
Exercise and diet: Do some form of exercise at least 3 times a week. Increase my intake of fruits and vegetables. Take my multivitamins daily. This is where I slacked off. I did not really exercise this month for reasons which sound like excuses. I kept up with my vitamins and my water intake. I also had more fruits.
Since my hair is in the twists, I don’t have any progress pics. I will be sure to have them once my hair is out. My nape is doing better as well. I’ve noticed some length retention since I started my edge and nape challenge earlier this year.