Hope you’re having a great week. This wash day was almost the same as last week. The major difference was the lack of a protein treatment. It was pretty much smooth sailing. 😉 Here’s what happened.
(1) Sectioned hair into 6 (3 on each side) and sprayed Mane n’ Tail detangler on each one. Then, I detangled with 2 combs (wide-tooth and detangling comb). I noticed less hair when I was detangling this time.
(2) Prepoo with Organics by Africa’s Best Cholesterol Tea-Tree Oil Conditioner, Aussie Moist conditioner, Emily Millionaire Coconut Oil & Herbs, honey, Vatika and olive oils. I covered my hair with cling film/plastic wrap. Since there was light (up NEPA), I used my heat cap for 30 minutes.
(3) Washed twice with Crème of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo.
(4) Tea rinse with black and green teas (one bag each) that was steeped for about 3 hours. I let the tea stay on my head for about 15 minutes.
(5) Deep conditioned with a mixture of Crème of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment, ORS Replenishing Conditioner, Organics by Africa’s Best Cholesterol Tea-Tree Oil Conditioner,olive oil and castor oil. I covered my hair with a cling film and used heat for 30 minutes. Then, I left it on for another 30 minutes without heat.
(6) Rinsed out the conditioner mix thoroughly and then I did an ACV rinse. My hair felt really smooth and soft after the ACV rinse.
(7) Towel dried and added leave-ins (Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Infusium 23). Detangled again. Then, I sealed with my oil mix (coconut, olive, and grape seed oils).
(8) Roller set and air dried overnight.
This roller set wasn’t as nice as last week’s because I started late. I was a bit tired so I was rushing a bit. In the morning, my hair wasn’t completely dry in some sections. It worked out fine though. I just ended up putting it in a bun. Last week, I was concerned about all the hair I lost during detangling. It looks like I lost less hair this time.
My hair has been holding on to moisture so well these days. I’m quite happy. I think this wash day method is a keeper. 🙂
Like I mentioned in my last post, I’m planning to get my hair braided soon. I think I may do it next week because I won’t have as much time for my hair in the next few weeks. Right now, I’m a little over 10 weeks post relaxer. I think my hair should be fine in the extensions. I just need to prep it well and be very vigilant with the braider.
How was your wash day?
Be sure to catch up with the other Wash Day Experience posts here