Happy New Month!
Dr. Fomsky over at Sizzelle and The Sizzling Mommy has started a hairline challenge for the next 3 months. She noticed that part of her hairline was “chopped” and decided to something about it. Luckily for us, she wants others to join in her challenge.
- If you want to join me on this hairline challenge, leave a comment and your plan. Then, upload your starting picture with your comment. The challenge will run from 1st June to 30th August. There will be a monthly check-in where you will upload your update and routine. I will publish an update post where you can upload your pics.
- If you’re on instagram, you can put up your starting picture and tag it with #sizzellehairlinechallenge
- The person with the best improved hair line gets 3 months supply of Jamaican Black Castor Oil AND Castor Oil serum with argan oil.
Everyone who joins the challenge will receive a 5% discount coupon to shop for any oil in our store.
- You have to join the challenge before the 14th of June. After that date, no more entries will be received.
- Only open to people with a postal address in Nigeria.
As you know, I’ve been working to keep the length of my edges and nape. My major problem with my edges is that I cannot retain length, particularly right at the temples. I am grateful that I even have hair there at all. There was a time when I didn’t think it was possible. My program is going adequately but I know I could be more consistent. I feel that this challenge will encourage better adherence to my goals. My game plan is similar to what I planned when I started my personal challenge earlier this year. However, I plan to improve upon a few things.
Moisture: Moisturize and seal at least once per day and ensure that edges and nape have been properly moisturized. Deep condition at least once a week.
Reduce manipulation and tension: Use styles that reduce tension at these sensitive areas. Leave out edges and nape when protective styling. No more super slick edges with brushes and hard gels. Bye-bye Edge Control.
Castor oil: Use Jamaican Black castor oil for scalp massages at least 4 times a week, focusing on edges and nape.
Relaxer: My next relaxer will be in July (~12 weeks post) or August (~16 weeks post). I may not even relax my edges this time since they were relaxed the last time.
Exercise and diet: Do some form of exercise at least 3 times a week. I need to find a type of exercise I enjoy doing. 😕 Increase my intake of fruits and vegetables. Take my multivitamins daily. I’m using WellWoman Original now.
Will you join in this challenge? What are you doing to retain length?