My latest wash day was a bit of a chore. I was a bit tired and I know from experience tiredness makes for wash day issues. Despite this, I moved on. I’m having breakage issues, especially with my ends. My plan was to use protein to strengthen and follow up with moisture to combat dryness. My hair and skin felt dry for the past week. I’m not sure if it’s the weather or something else but the dryness has been quite bad. I’m drinking more water to help with it. I try to drink about 1.5 – 2 liters (~6 – 9 cups) per day. Here’s how my wash day went.
(1) Oiled hair with olive oil and detangled using two combs. Applied a mixture Emily Millionaire Coconut Oil & Herbs and honey.Used heating cap for about an hour.
(2) Rinsed out prepoo and washed with Creme of Nature Argan Oil shampoo twice
(3) Towel dried, applied Aphogee Keratin 2 min reconstructor for 5 min with heat and rinsed.
(4) Towel dried. Deep conditioned with a mix of Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner, Organics by Africa’s Best Cholesterol Tea Tree Oil conditioner, Pantene Moisture Therapy conditioner, Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment, Roux Porosity control, castor oil, olive oil, and Vatika oil. Used my heating cap for 1 hour
I used Mane n’ Tail detangler, Giovanni Driect Leave-in, Infusium 23, Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea restructurizer , grapeseed oil, and CHI silk infusion.
(6) I saw that my hair was not going to dry without being a big, frizzy mess. So, I decided to blow dry my hair with cool air. My hair was slightly smaller and my new growth was flatter. (It has since reverted since I ran the other day.) My ends felt a bit dry so I added some grapeseed oil.
As I mentioned earlier, I’m experiencing breakage 🙁 . My ends are very weak and I’ve noticed small, broken hairs every time I touch it. The dusting I did last week wasn’t enough. I know I will have to trim about an inch or so. I was planning to relax my hair in 2 weeks but I may wait for two reasons. (1) My hair is breaking. I want the breakage to slow down before I apply any chemicals. (2) I don’t think I will have enough new growth, especially in the front part of my hair, in 2 weeks. I may wait until I’m 14 weeks post but I’m not sure how long I will wait.
For my relaxer, I’m thinking of going to a salon. I’m a bit scared because of some bad experiences I’ve had in the past. However, I don’t want to do the relaxer myself because I have been really under-processing my hair. Also, it is a bit difficult for me to do it myself. For those of you in Lagos, do you have any recommendations of where I can do my relaxer? Please let me know in the comments.
How was your last wash day?
Check out more wash day posts by clicking the link below.