This wash day was a long time coming. My hair was so dry and frizzy beforehand. I kept putting it off for one reason or another. Eventually, I got myself together and did it. Here’s how it went down.
(1) First, I finger detangled in 4 sections. I did not want to use a comb because of the breakage I was dealing with. Then, I did pre-poo with Emily Millionaire Coconut Oil and Herbs + honey and an extra coating of coconut oil. I placed it under a plastic bag and towel turban and kept it on for about 45 minutes.
(2) Washed with undiluted Crème of Nature Argan Oil sulfate-free shampoo twice. I couldn’t find my applicator bottle to dilute the shampoo but it turned out to be a good thing. The shampoo didn’t foam much but my hair felt so much softer than when I use it diluted. It also didn’t feel stripped so I couldn’t really tell if my hair was clean but there were no issues later. My hair was also further detangled. I may start using it undiluted from now on.
(3) Tea rinsed with black tea (Lipton Yellow Label, 2 bags, steeped for 2 days) and left tea on hair for 10 minutes.
(4) Deep conditioned with a mix of Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner, Organics by Africa’s Best Cholesterol Tea Tree Oil conditioner, Pantene Moisture Therapy conditioner, castor oil, olive oil, and coconut oil. Covered my hair with a plastic bag and a towel turban and left it on for 45 minutes without heat. I could see my new growth curling up.
(5) Rinsed deep conditioner with cool water. I realized I didn’t add Roux Porosity Control Conditioner so I used it and kept it on for 30 seconds and rinsed again.
(6) Then I dried my hair with t-shirt for 15 minutes, applied leave-ins (Giovanni Direct Leave-in + Infusium 23 + Vatika Oil). Detangled with 2 combs.
(7) Added Crème of Nature Foaming Wrap Lotion to each section and roller set. Left to air dry overnight.
(8) Sprayed rollers with ORS Olive Oil Sheen spray and removed them. My hair was still wet, so I put it in a bun. It was really soft though. 🙂
This was an interesting wash day. I did some things differently because of my current living situation but it turned out well. My hair wasn’t as tangled as I expected. (Thank God!) I still saw breakage so I need to keep up with moisturizing and co-washing.
I need to do a protective style because I want to simplify what I do with my hair. I’m leaning towards braiding and I need someone to talk me off the edge. 😕 Do you have any other suggestions for a protective style? (Please, please, please let me know in the comments.) Maybe, I’ll get a wig or something. Who knows?
How was your last wash day?