Hope everyone is doing well. I missed writing and being on the blog. My move to Lagos has been interesting and I have been so busy with work and other things. My hair has suffered for it. I haven’t done a co-wash since I got here and my last wash day was tough. I started the wash day really late, around 8:30 p.m. Here’s what I did:
(1) Pre-poo with Emily millionaire and honey without heat. Under my Turbie Twist for 45 minutes
(2) Washed with diluted Crème of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo, twice
(3) Deep conditioned with DC mix of Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner, Organics by Africa’s Best Cholesterol Tea Tree Oil conditioner, Pantene Moisture Therapy conditioner, Roux Porosity Control Corrector & Conditioner, castor oil, olive oil, and coconut oil. I put my hair in a plastic bag and kept it under a towel for 1 hour.
(4) Dried with a t-shirt for 15 minutes, applied leave-ins (Giovanni Direct, Infusium 23 and John Frieda Frizz Ease Hair Serum Extra Strength formula) and detangled
(5) Put hair in bun left to dry under a scarf
I was completely exhausted doing this wash day, which taught me a powerful lesson. “Never do your hair when you’re tired.” It was so bad. I rushed detangling and saw little broken hairs everywhere. *tears* Originally, I wanted to do a roller set. I killed that idea sharply. I used the Frizz Ease serum for the first time (I had a sample). I think it worked out well. My hair didn’t puff up so much after air-drying. I wonder if CHI Silk Infusion will give similar results.
My hair during the week didn’t fare any better. Lately, I have been in heavily air-conditioned environments and I am convinced it is drying my hair and skin out. I have been drinking more water but my hair routine has slacked. I only moisturized a few times this week. While moisturizing, I saw small broken hairs again. I really need to moisturize at least once a day. I may even increase it to two times a day. I am considering ending my stretch soon but I want to get this broken hair/moisturizing thing under control first.
Enough about hair Lagos seems like a nice place but I haven’t really had time to explore. I started a new job and it has been a bit stressful settling in. I think in a few weeks things will calm down a bit. I have been able to catch up on some of my favorite TV series. I’ve been watching Scandal and been on the edge of my seat.
I won’t spoil it for anyone who doesn’t watch the show. Olivia Pope, played by Kerry Washington, has the most amazing hair. I read on Longing4length that it is her natural hair. I am jealous but I am learning to work with my own head of hair. I still have Glee, Big Bang Theory, Grey’s Anatomy, Modern Family and Downton Abbey to watch. Are there any new shows that you like? (Let me know in the comments.)
So, my life for the past few weeks has been: moving, work, work, sleep, work, some hair stuff, eat, work, work, watch TV and news, work, … you get the idea. I have some post ideas planned so I will be back on the blog. Also, I usually check my twitter often. So you can follow me and we can chat. 🙂
Image sources: John Frieda UK, Eonline, ReelSistas