Don’t Touch The Hair was nominated for a Liebster Award by African Butterfly from The Kink and I (Daalu, nwa nne’m nwanyi). This is the first blog award so naturally I am excited. 🙂
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award has been passed on through the blogging community for many years. “Liebster” is a German word that can mean kindest, dearest, or beloved. The Liebster Award is a blog award nomination presented to novice bloggers in an effort to spread blog love and increase blog exposure.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link back to their blog
- Answer the 10 questions provided by the blog that nominated you
- Provide 10 questions for the bloggers you nominate
- Let your nominees know of their award
(1) What was the last book you read? There Was A Country by Chinua Achebe
(2) What’s your favorite color? Blue
(3) Do you like your hair? Why? I like my hair most of the time. Sometimes it wants to show out and misbehave, causing me embarrassment. 🙂
(4) To your understanding, what is feminism? I believe feminism is the advocacy of women’s rights and not marginalizing women (and girls) simple because they are female.
(5) Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Introvert
(6) Meat lover, chicken lover, fish lover or Vegetarian? Chicken, because I’m black. (I’m kidding. I like chicken because it’s good.)
(7) Nelson Mandela is from? Short Answer: South Africa Long Answer: He was born in Mvezo in South Africa. Mvezo is a small village on the banks of the Mbashe River, not far from Mthatha in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. (Thanks, Google)
(8) Do you like the finer things, or are you a simple (wo)man? I am pretty simple but I will spend money on great technology, great food and possibly a nice handbag.
(9) What’s the city of your dreams? Paris. I have wanted to visit since I was 12 but I just haven’t had the chance.
(10) Ice-cream or yogurt? Ice cream, all day everyday.
My 10 questions for the nominees:
(1) Why did you decide to start a blog?
(2) What is your favorite thing about blogging?
(3) If you could travel to any place in the world, where would it be and why?
(4) List one interesting fact about yourself
(5) Fanta or Coke?
(6) What is your favorite TV series?
(7) What three words that best describe your hair?
(8) What is your favorite piece of clothing or accessory in your wardrobe?
(9) Do you have a hidden talent? What is it?
(10) What is your favorite song?
The nominated blogs:
Yellow Igbo Girl
So, there you have it. I’m looking forward to seeing the responses. Thanks so much, African Butterfly!