Today’s co-wash was cool. I actually did it on my normal wash day (Sunday). Since my hair has been dry and I haven’t been taking care of it well, I decided to keep co-washing to maintain moisture. It was quite simple so I am pleased. Here are the details.
(1) Applied Profectiv Mega Growth Anti Breakage Deep Conditioner to ends and edges – to help with strength. I kept it on for 10 minutes without a cap. I saw this tip for using protein on the ends from Kim at FancyFlairLady and Nadege at Relaxed Hair Health. Since the ends are the oldest part of hair and it has been exposed longer, the amount of protein will be less than the amount nearer to the roots.
(2) Co-washed with Hair Fruits conditioner twice.
(3) Deep conditioned with ORS Replenishing Conditioner for 1 hour. I kept my hair under a plastic cap and towel turban.
(4) Rinsed with cool water and dried with t-shirt for 10 minutes.
(5) Applied leave-ins (Giovanni direct + Infusium 23). Sprayed each section with Mane n’ Tail detangler and detangled with 2 combs.
(6) Placed scarf over the front and left to air dry for about an hour. Then I put my hair in a bun and continued to let it dry.
Considering that I am 18 weeks post, I was quite pleased with the co-wash. My new growth felt so nice and soft after conditioning. I wish I knew how to keep that feeling after my hair dries. My bun is getting quite boring and I don’t have the energy to start trying new styles. I’m not too pleased with how my hair looks these days so I’m planning to protective style soon. I don’t want to relax my hair now since I’m in a new place and I haven’t moved to my permanent place yet. It’s not conducive where I am now to relax my hair by myself. Petite Diva suggested that I get a wig which sounds like a good idea. Do you have any suggestions wig options? I would particularly like to blend it some what so that it doesn’t look so fake. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Image source: Walgreens