Welcome to my blog. After lusting and longing over several heads of hair online, I decided to start my own hair blog. I wanted to have a blog for several reasons, including:
- Track my hair growth/journey
- Prove to myself that I have healthy hair
- Add my contribution to the discussion of healthy hair
- Accountability of maintaining my hair regimen
- Share success and pitfalls (Hopefully, I can get advice and support too.)
The main reasons why I chose “Don’t Touch the Hair” as my blog name are (in no specific order):
- I thought it was funny and clever
- I sincerely don’t like strangers touching me, especially my hair. I know I’m not alone in this because I hear and read about it all the time. Now that I am on my hair journey, I don’t want some strange hands all in my hair. Who knows where they have been??
This video by the lovely Yagazie Emezi speaks to my spirit regarding hair touching. Just don’t do it.
I appreciate all types of healthy hair but I particularly love black people’s hair. It is so diverse and interesting. We have so many ways to style it. I used to think it was hard to maintain. However, since I’ve been reading other blogs, reading books, and watching videos, I know we are capable of having healthy long hair. I hope you will follow me along with this journey.