Hi everyone! Hope you’re having a good week. So, I’m 15 weeks post relaxer and my hair is doing pretty well considering. I’ve mentioned previously that my hair was so dry. Well, this past week the dryness is considerably less. In my last co-wash post, I discussed the changes I made to my moisturizing schedule. I moisturize at least once a day with a conditioner mix (water, Pantene conditioner, and glycerine) on my new growth and ORS HAIRepair Intense Moisture Crème on my relaxed parts. I only use a little of the crème. When I first got the crème, I was using too much and my hair did not respond well to it. Let’s get down to brass tacks. On to the wash day . . .
(1) Sectioned hair into 4, sprayed each section with detangling mix, and combed each section with a wide-tooth comb.
(2) Pre-poo with a mixture of Emily Millionaire Coconut Oil & Herbs, olive oil, coconut oil, and honey. Covered hair with a plastic bag and Turbie Twist and left it for about an hour.
(3) Washed hair with diluted Crème of Nature Argan Oil Sulfate-Free Moisture & Shine shampoo (2x).
(4) Tea rinsed with black tea (Lipton Yellow Label, 2 bags, steeped ~7 hours) and left tea on hair for 10 minutes.
(5) Deep conditioned with a mix of Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner, Organics by Africa’s Best Cholesterol Tea Tree Oil conditioner, Pantene Moisture Therapy conditioner, Roux Porosity Control Corrector & Conditioner, castor oil, olive oil, and coconut oil. Covered my hair with a plastic bag and left it on for 2 hours without heat.
(6) Rinsed with cool water, dry with t-shirt for 20 minutes, applied leave-ins (Giovanni Direct Leave-in + Infusium 23). Detangled with 2 combs and sealed with grape seed oil.
(7) Braided in 8 braids and left overnight to dry
The next morning, I coated each braid with coconut oil and unraveled it. Then, I attempted to style it by putting in a faux bob.
My hair felt very soft when I took out the braids. Throughout the day, my hair got drier and drier from being exposed to the elements. The detangling and braiding process was really easy. I detangled and braided in less than an hour (about 50 minutes) Typically at this point in my stretch, my hair is a nightmare to detangle. I will spend more than an hour on detangling alone. I really think the clear rinse I did last week has helped tremendously. The stretch seems to be going quite well.
The braid-out itself was just ok. I had some definition but it was essentially gone a few hours later. I’m thinking of trying a Twist n’ curl soon. I saw Layla of Fusion of Cultures do one while she was transitioning. I don’t have perm rods so I’m thinking of using really small magnetic rollers.
How was your last wash day?